For many years, patients who suffered from painful varicose veins and chronic venous insufficiency only had one treatment option available to them – vein stripping. Thanks to advances in medical technology that is no longer the case. Patients seeking help for painful varicose veins and chronic venous insufficiency can now find relief with the help of a new treatment known as ClosureFast.
ClosureFast is a revolutionary vein treatment option for people who suffer from large, painful varicose veins or chronic vein insufficiency. It relies upon the use of radiofrequency energy to treat the damaged veins.
During the procedure, the radiofrequency energy is heated up. Once it is heated up, it is applied directly to the damaged vein. This causes the vein walls of the damaged vein to collapse and eventually seal itself up. After it is closed and sealed from the procedure, the blood that used to flow through the vein will go to other healthier veins. This allows the damaged vein to heal.
Why People Choose to Undergo the ClosureFast Procedure?
There are a number of reasons why a person would choose to undergo this new, effective vein treatment option. Those reasons include:
- Minimally invasive procedure – no surgical incision or general anesthesia required
- Procedure is performed in a vein clinic office as opposed to a hospital surgical room
- Fast recovery time – patients can often return to normal activities within three days
- Fast appointment times for treatment – the procedure takes 45 – 60 minutes with approximately an hour pre-appointment and an hour post-appointment. In total, you will be at the vein center three hours.
- Few risks associated with this procedure
- Less pain involved
- Fast results – patients notice fewer symptoms within one to two weeks
- Procedure is often covered by insurance
Who is a Good Candidate for This Type of Vein Treatment?
Patients who suffer from varicose veins and chronic venous insufficiency have seen results from ClosureFast. Patients, both male and female, who have had success with this treatment vary in age from young adults to seniors.
Every patient is different when it comes to what treatment is successful in treating varicose veins or chronic venous insufficiency. The best way to tell if you will be a good candidate for this type of vein treatment is with the use of a complete ultrasound.
A vein specialist at The Desert Vein Institute in Las Vegas, Nevada can perform a duplex ultrasound to help you determine if you are a good candidate for this type of vein treatment. If the results of the ultrasound show you aren’t a good candidate for this type of vein treatment, your vein doctor can provide you with personalized recommendations for treatment that will work for your individual case.
Call our Las Vegas vein treatment office today to schedule an appointment with one of the experienced vein doctors at The Desert Vein Institute.