Varicose veins can develop when you have a problem with blood circulation. Blood accumulates in these damaged veins, causing them to become swollen. Getting physical activity might help temporarily ease some of the symptoms of this vein problem while also giving you a chance to enjoy sunshine and fresh air. The following activities are some of the outdoor exercises you can do in Las Vegas, Nevada for varicose veins.
Fun Nevada Activities That Help Varicose Veins
Getting outdoors on a regular basis provides numerous health benefits, including improving your blood circulation. This improved circulation can help ease heaviness, soreness, and other symptoms of varicose veins that can flare up. Keep in mind that losing weight through regular exercise can also help prevent vein problems from getting worse.
The Las Vegas area offers several places to do outside activities whether you’re in your own neighborhood or heading to the great outdoors at nearby Red Rock Canyon or Lake Mead Recreation Area. Some of the recreational exercises you can do to help varicose veins include the following:
- Hiking: Lake Mead Recreation Area and Red Rock Canyon offer a number of scenic hiking trails. These trails provide great views while also giving your legs and cardiovascular system a challenging workout.
- Walking: Taking a brisk walk around your neighborhood is another effective way to exercise outside and help ease symptoms of varicose veins.
- Swimming: Swimming offers another good way to exercise your leg muscles and cardiovascular system, whether you have your own pool, use a public pool, or swim in Lake Mead.
- Biking: Biking also gives your cardiovascular system and legs a solid workout, which can help you lose excess weight and lower the risk of having varicose vein symptoms become more severe. You can ride your bike in your neighborhood, or use the biking trails at Lake Mead Recreation Area and Red Rock Canyon.
- Yoga: Yoga provides a highly effective way to exercise your muscles, improve blood circulation, and feel more relaxed. You can do yoga at home, or look for local classes that are available.
Exercises That Harm Varicose Veins
Not all exercises are helpful when you have varicose veins. In fact, some could make your symptoms worse. Exercises to avoid include the following:
- Weightlifting: Lifting weights puts too much strain on your veins, which could lead to more damage and more severe symptoms.
- Running: Running also puts a lot of strain on your leg veins and could make varicose veins more sore.
Does Working Out Get Rid of Varicose Veins?
Working out can help ease the symptoms you’re experiencing, but it doesn’t make varicose veins go away. In order to eliminate these veins, you’ll need to explore treatment options that address the underlying cause, such as venous insufficiency. Treatments for varicose veins often involve preventing blood from flowing into the affected veins in order to prevent it from pooling inside them. Several safe and effective procedures are available to help get rid of these damaged veins.
Desert Vein’s Exceptional Practice
If you need more information on treatment for varicose veins, please contact Desert Vein Institute to schedule an appointment. When you meet our vein physicians in Las Vegas
, you can discuss the procedures we offer. We can help you learn more about our vein treatment options
, so you can find relief from soreness and other vein symptoms.